Re: Gnome clock wrong - hardware clock on local time

Don Scorgie wrote:

Hi,

I'm not certain this is the same since I'm running Ubuntu but...

If you check /etc/rcS.d for the line UTC=yes and change it to UTC=no

Thanks for the suggestion, Don.

/etc/default/rcS contains:

# Set UTC=yes if your system clock is set to UTC (GMT), and UTC=no if not.
UTC=no

Now, I'm a bit puzzled by the comment since to me the "system clock" is the clock maintained by the kernel, which IS on UTC; it is the "hardware clock" which is on local time. The system clock should be set from the hardware clock at boot, and it is - since the "date" command gives the correct UTC date and time.

Jack