Re: Metacity first window placing

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 18:30 +0900, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-26-01 at 10:07 +0100, Daniel Pörsch wrote:
> > Hi Ryan,
> >
> > Ryan McDougall wrote:
> > > That doesn't happen on my default configured metacity-2.8.6.
> > >
> > > Can you provide any more info?
> >
> > I also have metacity-2.8.6, running on ubuntu warty. I only changed
> > focus_mode to  sloppy and some key bindings, the rest is default ...
> >
> > There isn't any key for window placement, is there?
> >
> > Strange ...
> >
> > Daniel
>
> I only have the vaguest idea about sloppy focus, but after playing with
> the Windows preferences I can't replicate. Every windows appears top-
> left. I'm in FC3, so it might be a Warty thing.

In Debian (sid), I have center-placing too.
Seems to be a compiled in behaviour. I guess you could change it by
compiling metacity yourself.

cheers,
Hp.

Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology
Email: hkunz ailab ch           University of Zurich
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-54306         Andreasstrasse 15, Office 2.12
http://ailab.ch/people/hkunz    CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
		-- Pliny the Elder
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology
Email: hkunz ailab ch           University of Zurich
Tel: +41.(0)44.63-54306         Andreasstrasse 15, Office 2.12
http://ailab.ch/people/hkunz    CH-8050 Zurich, Switzerland

Spamtraps: hkunz bogus ailab ch hkunz bogus ifi unizh ch
---
A penny saved is ridiculous.