Re: Some imperfections (a bit long)

Brian Mury wrote:
When you maximise windows they become too wide
horisontally which makes it harder to read the text.

Back some years ago when I was using fvwm2 on SunOS, I had set up a
fvwm2 to put a button on my windows that would maximize the window
vertically, but not horizontally. I wish I could do this with
Gnome/Metacity...

You can do this (and much more) if you use sawfish as window manager.

I also wish I could click in a window to give it focus without bringing
it to the front - but that's another topic!

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341