Resolution: For installing an infrared connection.

Hello ,

My name is Rohit, I have just started using linux. I run a mandrake
9.0 on a Compaq 2500 series Laptop.

I also own a Nokia 3650 Phone. Which i used to connect to my laptop
over infrared when i had  Windows XP installed it used to detect my
Nokia 3650 automatically without any efforts.

Now the problem is ---- I want to do the same on my Linux Box it runs
a Mandrake linux 9.0 in a GNome shell. I also have KDE running on the
same machine. Can u suggest to me the ways in which i can achieve
that.

I would like my Linux ( Gnome or KDE ) to detect my  phone when i
turns its infrared on and point to the built in infrared port of my
compaq Laptop.

What is the process, whats needs to be downloaded ( if no inbuilt
support as in XP) ????????

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit Shrivastava.