Gnome 2.8 on Solaris

I have nearly 100 Solaris workstations running Gnome 2.0.  Sun will not provide a newer release of Gnome, and I would really like to have Gnome 2.8 available for our users.  I have been researching this issue and have stumbled across numerous roadblocks.  I have attempted to modify some build scripts such as CVSGnome, but have not been successful.  If anyone could provide advice on how to successfully build Gnome 2.8 on Solaris, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Rich

Infrastructure & Computing Systems

Information Technology

This email message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.

intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original
message and any copies of the message as well as any attachment(s) to the original
message.