RE: Has performance been forgotten?

"Petri Kanerva" (petri kanerva surfeu fi)
wrote:
----------

Yea right.... I have used it. But it seems you don't
even get the point of my sentences. You just thor
hostile commentary instead of constructive comments.
And no, it seems that winRAR enven now, dosn't
represent the archive contents in a hierarchial manner
as File-Roller does. I think WinACE is only windows
archiver to provide this very useful function.
Well, if WinRAR is so much better, why don't you then
just stick using it and stop bothering us with your
hostile mails?

And to the point of using commanline software for the
actual job, we have fully working programs that do
their respective jobs quite well.
Programs that are still developed and that are getting
new functions and such all the time. So, why should we
recode the same fuction again? We would always be a
few steps after the commanline versions, as they have
started earlier. And then we just would waste harddisk
space to two codes that do exactly the same thing.
Why re-invent the wheel....

And please, if you still reply to this, try to make
even one valid, constructive point, will ya?

Petri
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I apologize, though, I don't now for why!

1- I didn't understand you again! Can somebody examine
WinRAR 3.3 and have a judgement? Or can you explain
more about what you see in file-roller which can't be
seen in WinRAR?

2- This may be because I am not a programmer and
accept my excuse in advance: If the source of "tar"
command be available, You can add an option within the
codes, forcing it to announce the size of the files
have been extracted... Now, a simple dividing
calculation can make an estimation of the progress.
You don't have to re-invent the wheel!

3- I can use WinRAR inside Linux very well thanks to
"wine". But it requires that both Windows and wine be
installed in the system. In addition, I like linux
applications be as powerful or more than Windows ones.
Once, I asked "Eugene Roshal" to make a Linux GUI
version of RAR, and he answered that linux users are
more convenient with command prompt; Do you confirm?

4- Please don't use the word "hostile"! I feel
friendly and don't want to bother anyone. Perhaps,
sometimes, I feel that improvements in linux are not
as accelerated as I expect!! As a newcomer to the
list, I accept if you say "shut up".

Best regards,
Bahram Alinezhad,
Tehran, Iran.