Adding text to folder descriptions

Heya folks,

I'm using Gnome 2.8.1 on Fedora rawhide. I was wondering if there was a
way to add text to folder descriptions.

What I'd like to do is incorporate descriptions of filesystem folders
into Nautilus, so users who go exploring outside their home directories
can understand the purpose of various Unix directories. Short, simple
descriptions of each directory's purpose (from the FHS obviously), that
I'd like to get this into the next-next version of RHEL / Fedora (and
mebbe Gnome).

Looking through the archives (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-gui-
list/2001-May/msg00040.html), I see something similar called Filesystem
Helper proposed in 2001 (differences being the [admittedly labelled
'rough'] descriptions proposed weren't quite FHS correct, and the post
seemed to take about as long to write as to implement).

What became of this? Does Naut in 2,8.1 let me add text descriptions to
folders?

Mike