RE: Has performance been forgotten?

> No, no!
> WinRAR shows and of-course, extracts all paths (folder
> structure) inside all archives; Didn't you ever use it
> or I don't understand you exactly?
Yea right.... I have used it. But it seems you don't even get the point
of my sentences. You just thor hostile commentary instead of
constructive comments. And no, it seems that winRAR enven now, dosn't
represent the archive contents in a hierarchial manner as File-Roller
does. I think WinACE is only windows archiver to provide this very
useful function.

> Furthermore, if "Eugene Roshal" can make such an
> effective software that is not based on a command
> back-end, you (Gnome project) are able to do better,
> aren't you?

Well, if WinRAR is so much better, why don't you then just stick using
it and stop bothering us with your hostile mails?

And to the point of using commanline software for the actual job, we
have fully working programs that do their respective jobs quite well.
Programs that are still developed and that are getting new functions and
such all the time. So, why should we recode the same fuction again? We
would always be a few steps after the commanline versions, as they have
started earlier. And then we just would waste harddisk space to two
codes that do exactly the same thing.
Why re-invent the wheel....

And please, if you still reply to this, try to make even one valid,
constructive point, will ya?

Petri