Re: Has the performance been forgotten?

> > been forgotten. Trust me, some of us have been making posts about
> > low-end machines for a long time, and have every interest in
> > trying to help.
> It works just fine on my Vaio C1XD (Mobile Pentium II 400 Mhz, 192 Mb
> RAM) =:-D

Same here,  I see allot of posts about 'GNOME is so slow'.  But I've not
seen it, performance seems good to me.  Nautilus, et al, is pretty
snappy; and I noodle around tar.gz's in file-roller all the time without
ever more than a couple of seconds of drive grinding.

I've got a boring 8139 NIC, cheap i810 audio & video, a run-of-the-mill
7200rpm IDE drive, etc...