Has The performance been forgotten?

-->> Also, please read other posts I send
simultaneously.

Cure this ill OS!

Don't believe me, test by yourself!

SuSE accepted to sell its smiling chameleon to me and
put a snail in its place.

Please look at the attached text file.

Bahram Alinezhad (alineziad yahoo com),
10/08/2004,
Tehran, Iran.

-->> Also, please read other posts I send simultaneously.

http://mail.yahoo.com
KDE: 600 times slower in bzip2!
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|   TIMES TO    |           |           |           |           |           |
|   EXTRACT     |  Konsole  |   file-   | Konqueror |  WinRAR   |           |
|   IN          |           |   roller  |           |           |           |
|   SECONDS     |           |           |           |           |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|    Mozilla    |           |           |           |           |           |
|     1.7.3     |           |           |           |           |           |
|    .tar.gz    |     2     |     5     |     11    |     3     |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
|               |           |           |           |           |           |
|     GTK+      |           |           |           |           |           |
|     2.4.3     |           |           |           |           |           |
|    .tar.bz2   |     35    |     143   |   21333   |     44    |           |
|_______________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|

Also note:
- I didn't wait for 21333 seconds! %9 of the extraction took 32 minutes and I estimated the total time.
- All observations have been made in SuSE 9.1, except the WinRAR that done in Win98-SE.

These are my computer specifications:

Ultra high speed CPU: AMD K6-2+ at 550 MHz,
Extra high end GPU: nVIDIA RivaTNT 16MB PCI,
Super high speed SDRAM: 512MB PC133,
Seagate 120GB 7200rpm + Western Digital 120GB 8MB buffer
Windows98-SE + WindowsXP-SP1a + RedHat-Linux-9.0 + Suse-Linux-9.1

(Already, I am using Mozilla browser 1.7.3 on Linux)

Other system properties:

Professional sound: Creative SB16 ISA,
High bandwidth modem: Rockwell 33.6 ISA,
High quality big monitor: 14" color monitor

Have fun!