Re: Galeon AND Epiphany both crash on 'save to disk' !!!

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 21:40:12 +0200, bruce wrote:

>> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 18:29 +0100, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>>> As the same thing is happening in both browsers, it can't be a browser
>>> thing can it?
>
>   Hmmm, I don't know about Epiphany but Galeon uses Gecko, Mozilla's
> engine.  One thing I've learned while trying unsuccessfully to compile the
> latest Galeon is that Mozilla team had done some changes to their API of
> which I wasn't aware, so gcc was there to tell me about it. Funnily enough
> those differences firstly manifested themselves in the routines for saving
> pages, namely in a function which gets called when a file type isn't
> specified and therefore must be determined from the page content.
>
>   What I'm saying is that you might want to check whether Epiphany is
> using Mozilla as well, and if so, then downloading and installing new
> Mozilla *might* solve the problem.  Perhaps they were both compiled and
> linked against Mozilla's libraries which are missing in your system?
>
>   HTH,
> Zoran

I'm no expert but I thought Gecko was a rendering engine.  No doubt I am
completely wrong.  Epiphany is definitely based on Mozilla so perhaps
we're onto something...  The funny thing is that Mozilla is the only browser
of the three that _doesn't_ crash on 'save to file'!

I'm too tired and try and grok it right now but as soon as I get anywhere
I'll post a follow-up here.

Thanks to all for their ideas so far.

sebyte

--
CC me by all means but a follow-up will do.