Re: Esound Relay?

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 00:23 -0500, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> I got something similar working with NAS (Network Audio System -
> http://radscan.com/nas.html ) and Gstreamer.
>
> It worked fairly well, but occasionally it would derail and consume
> tremendous amounts of bandwidth for no particular reason. I never had
> the time to figure out why it wasn't working properly.

Esd can also do this (seen in think-clients) if I didn't misunderstand
you.

> I'm not sure, however, if it would give you the ability to have multiple
> systems streaming the audio at the same time. The client sends the audio
> to the NAS server, which then outputs it to its speakers. I don't think
> a client can connect to multiple servers.
>
> It sounds almost like you want some sort of multicast solution where
> multiple "clients" wait for the master "server" to send them audio
> (rather than the other way around).

You are right that I'll like to send a sample of sound over to multiple
speakers simultaneously.

Ronald.

--
Ronald Ip                              myself iphoting com
gpg public key @ http://iphoting.iphoting.com/iphoting.asc