Re: Esound Relay?

I got something similar working with NAS (Network Audio System -
http://radscan.com/nas.html ) and Gstreamer.

It worked fairly well, but occasionally it would derail and consume
tremendous amounts of bandwidth for no particular reason. I never had
the time to figure out why it wasn't working properly.

I'm not sure, however, if it would give you the ability to have multiple
systems streaming the audio at the same time. The client sends the audio
to the NAS server, which then outputs it to its speakers. I don't think
a client can connect to multiple servers.

It sounds almost like you want some sort of multicast solution where
multiple "clients" wait for the master "server" to send them audio
(rather than the other way around).

Chris M.