Re: Cannot hit "v" when something is highlighted in gnome-terminal

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 13:18 -0600, Shawn wrote:
> Yeah, I know.
>
> The issue was somehow a local keybinding got stuck in there. I couldn't
> seem to reset it to "no value" from gconf-editor, so I got out the
> scalpal.
>
> Anyway, I've had to muck with the gconf files before. Mainly when I
> clone my gconf to another user. That's usually a sed-fest.
>
> grep -rl /home/user1 ~user2/.gconf | while read f; do
>   cp $f $f.old
>   sed "s#/home/user1#/home/user2#g" $f.old > $f
> done
>
> Before logging in as user2.

If you need to clone a gconf database, you should consider dumping the
keys using gconftool --dump. Re: the inclusion of absolute paths in
gconf keys, I think that it should be avoided as much as possible, and
probably is worth reporting to each application separately as a bug.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano