Re: best way to upgrade gnome

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 11:20 -0700, Donald Raikes wrote:

> I just installed fedora core 2 and am having some problems with gnome.

For the record, GNOME 2.6 in FC2 works just fine for me (and many other
users)

> What is the best method for upgrading gnome to the latest stable build?
> I have tried garnome in the past, and while it works, it didn't seem to
> build everything, and I have never been able to get jhbuild to run to
> completion.

GARNOME is simplest. I think it even builds 2.8.1 now. Just make sure
you read the readme, and build all the modules that you want

jhbuild is better if you're wanting to build stuff from cvs, imho

> Is there an rpm-based method for upgrading?

Yes, Fedora Core 3! It comes out on the 8th of November. Happy upgrading
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/