Re: Adding text to folder descriptions

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 08:01 +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:
> Aye - as I mentioned in a followup post to myself (addressed to the
> list), I found the notes feature, but its not what I'm after.

Ah, no wonder the list never got it ;-)

> - The Notes themselves are to hidden away - you only see them on the
> Notes tab, which you have to explicitly seek out. I was after some text
> for the information bar - the user shouldn't need to know to browse for
> a description.

Maybe writing to nautilus-list gnome org and getting the Nautilus folk
to do a bit of a change for 2.9 might be useful

I'd agree with a tooltip sort of thing too

> - I don't need the note emblem - if all top level folders had
> descriptions as Notes, / would look damn ugly.

Well, how else would the user know there were Notes? Emblems are a core
within Nautilus these days
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/