Re: Adding text to folder descriptions

Aye - as I mentioned in a followup post to myself (addressed to the list), I found the notes feature, but its not what I'm after.

- The Notes themselves are to hidden away - you only see them on the Notes tab, which you have to explicitly seek out. I was after some text for the information bar - the user shouldn't need to know to browse for a description.

- I don't need the note emblem - if all top level folders had descriptions as Notes, / would look damn ugly.

Mike

Barry Branham wrote:

I hadn't tried this 'Notes' feature before seeing this thread. So I added a note to a folder but was a little surprised that the result was a 'note' added to the folder icon. I expected to see a tooltip pop up with the note in it when I rolled the mouse over the icon. Instead to see the note you apparently have to right-click back to the Properties/Notes tab. Seems sort of cumbersome, wouldn't the tooltip be a good idea for displaying notes?
(I'm using FC2 with Gnome 2.6.)

Barry