Re: GNOME lacks audible feedback? (Enver ALTIN)

El mar, 11-05-2004 a las 15:02, Dan Gore escribió:

> > BTW, while talking about the sound stuff, I really think there's a nasty
> > bug somewhere in the underlying drivers or players causing ugly audio
> > quality. I'm no music expert but I can clearly distinguish between
> > played-on-Linux and played-on-windows quality of the very same mp3 file.
> > Anyone else?

Open your volume control, check your Pcm volume level, and make sure
that it's not above 80% (or 75%, you'll have to test it and hear it),
and look for other Pcm or Gain knobs.  For some reason, on my SBLive!
sound gets clipped horribly if Pcm is above 80%.

(odd, huh?)

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net