Re: GNOME lacks audible feedback? (Enver ALTIN)

Hi Listers,
I need to get started with Gnome and Linux. I just got on the list and learnt from a mail with above subject line that Gnome and Linux can coexist on a laptop with WinXP on it. I also need a screen reader  installed on it. And of course I should be able to  switch back and forth between WinXp   and Gnome.

So I'll be appreciate if someone can guide me along: where can I get  Linux and Gnome, a Web browser  and a screen reader?
And any pitfalls or do's and dont's?
Thanks,
Sailesh