GGV and launching problems

Hello,

I have two problems, one regarding GGV, the other regarding launching
default handlers.

I am unable to even start GGV. Giving the command "ggv" gives this error:

(ggv:30833): GGV-WARNING **: Could not get GGV control: 'Failed to activate
'OAFIID:GNOME_GGV_Control''

(ggv:30833): GGV-WARNING **: Failed to create a new window.

(ggv:30833): GGV-WARNING **: No windows could be opened. Exiting...

Also, I am able to open URLs from Gnome-Terminal in Mozilla if their
protocol is http, but if it's https, then I get this error:

Could not open the address "https://www.gnome.org":
There was an error launching the default action command associated with this
location.

(Yes, I know https://www.gnome.org is not a valid URL for www.gnome.org.)

How can I fix these problems?

--