Re: Syntax highlighting in gedit (Gnome 2.6.1/FreeBSD)

Hi Paul,

> Ugh. Assembly, that brings back bad memories.

:-)  So much fun, ain't it?  I must be deranged or something... ;-)

> Gedit uses the GtkSourceView package to handle all it's syntax
> highlighting, and a lot of other things. It stores it's language files
> in <your gnome dir>/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/ (check
> language.dtd in this dir, also). Gedit checks this dir every time it
> starts so no recompiling is required. I thought I saw a few months ago
> that someone wrote a language spec for NASM, I can't seem to find it now
> but it might be worth a look before make one.

Thanks very much for your response.  The problem is, I don't have this
directory on my system.  I wonder if the FreeBSD Gnome packagers put it
somewhere else?  (I'll have to ask the maintainers...)  Anyway, I will
try creating this directory and the language-specs directory, and put
the XML files from the source package in there, tweak a few things and
see if it has any effect.

Cheers
James