Re: Syntax highlighting in gedit (Gnome 2.6.1/FreeBSD)

Ugh. Assembly, that brings back bad memories.

Gedit uses the GtkSourceView package to handle all it's syntax
highlighting, and a lot of other things. It stores it's language files
in <your gnome dir>/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/ (check
language.dtd in this dir, also). Gedit checks this dir every time it
starts so no recompiling is required. I thought I saw a few months ago
that someone wrote a language spec for NASM, I can't seem to find it now
but it might be worth a look before make one.

Hope that helps,
Paul