Re: Disable screensaver

Thanks everyone for your help with this. Right now we have our test box set up with a brute force method (remove xscreensavers and tell gnome not to complain about it). Our terminals have built-in screensavers that kick in anyway so the xscreensaver stuff isn't necessary (and was actually causing problems). Thanks a million for all of the ideas.

On 1/9/2004 11:31 AM, uws wrote:
På Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 12:49:23PM -0300, Fabio Gomes skrev:

Em Sex, 2004-01-09 às 11:38, Larry W. Virden escreveu:

From: Janyne Kizer <janyne_kizer ncsu edu>

We use thin clients and unfortunately some of the models that are used in the field don't support OpenGL and some of the screensavers require it.

You could just disable those specific screen savers...

Yeah. In some distros, the OpenGL screensavers are put in a separate
package due to dependencies. For example, Debian has a xscreensaver-gl
package. You can simply uninstall it.

If you want a list of file in the debian xscreensaver-gl package, send me a
reply. It will help you select the right files for deletion.

  mvrgr, Wouter

P.S. I'm not currently on a debian box, so I couldn't include the list.

--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator