gFTP question

Is there a way to turn change the parameters that gFTP passes? I see that it is using "ssh -e none" and I would like it not to do that. Some of our terminals (the newer Thinstars in this case) don't handle that parameter even from the command line. Is there a way to force a different setting? If not, could you recommend a different SSH/SFTP client? Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator