Re: Taking a screenshot...

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 23:25, Geoffrey wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 15:47, Geoffrey wrote:
> >
> >>What you assume is that there is some
> >>application that will take a screen shot that comes with Gnome.
> >

> > There is: "Actions" menu -> Take Screenshot. gnome-panel definitely is a
> > core part of Gnome
>
> No argument there, you've taken my statment out of context.  On my SuSE
> 8.2 system, I use gnome-panel with Enlightenment.  From the gnome-panel
> main menu there is a screen shot option.

How have I taken your statement out of context? Petri was proposing that
the screenshot app in gnome should be able to make a shot even when a
menu is open. Which is reasonable as far a I am concerned.
As far as I could see you answered that he shall use xwd instead, and
that "Gnome is not an application it's a suite of applications.  What
you assume is that there is some application that will take a screen
shot that comes with Gnome."
Unless I completely misunderstood (and it seems so), this seems to mean
that he only assumes there's such an app in Gnome. However, this is not
an assumption, but fact. And anyway I don't see what it has to do with
him proposing that a problem with it should be fixed.
Maybe you can explain, thanks