"Run Application" dialog is slow!

When I click on "Run Application" from the main menu, as soon as I hit a letter on the keyboard it freezes up as if it were searching for something. Sometimes it takes as long as 20 seconds to allow me to finish typing.. I've notced that I don't have this problem on the server I just installed, but the problem exists on my desktop and laptop installations. Does anyone else here experience this?