Re: "Run Application" dialog is slow!

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:10:12AM -0600, Ben Davis wrote:
> When I click on "Run Application"  from the main menu, as soon as I hit
> a letter on the keyboard it freezes up as if it were searching for
> something.  Sometimes it takes as long as 20 seconds to allow me to
> finish typing..  I've notced that I don't have this problem on the
> server I just installed,  but the problem exists on my desktop and
> laptop installations.  Does anyone else here experience this?

Yup, I do here as well.  Seems like it only happens the first time I run
the "Run" dialoge after a while though.  If I run it again right after
typing is fine and completion is fine as well.  It also seems that it
only happens after I start typing.  The app will be fine, I put in the
first character and things freeze up.

I wonder if this has to do with the command line completion, or loading
a list of runnable files into memory or searching the path for
everything executable that starts with the letter I typed or something
like that?

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain