Re: I want to be able to type in the filename...

Carlos Garnacho wrote:
--- Gábor Farkas <gabor z10n net> escribió:

<snip>

hmmm..somehow for me it seems gnome becomes less and less the ideal
 environment for developers... i wonder why..

it seems that now it's more important to gain new users than to
keep old ones .. or things like that..

Dude, in this case... use Ctrl+L, for advanced users it's a keystroke
away and keeps the filechooser simple enough to let my mom choose
files ;)

I'm certainly considered an advanced user, historically hacking C for 10 years or so. At any rate, I'm not one to use such keystrokes. Further, both my daughter and wife find the new chooser a lot less intuitive.

--
Until later, Geoffrey