Re: Application shortcuts

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 07:52 -0500, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> From: Michael Henson <mike axl net>
>
> > There's no ui for it, but you can set them up in gconf. Check out:
> > /apps/metacity/global_keybindings and /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands
> >
> > Basically you can set run_command_1 under global_keybindings to be the sequence
> > of keys, then just define command_1 under keybinding_commands to be the command
> > that is run. To define another binding just increment the number.
>
> Has anyone ever seen a step by step tutorial or HOWTO on this subject?

I distinctly remember explaining how to do it on IRC to someone and
telling him to go write it down at the gnomesupport.org wiki in the FAQ
list, which you'll find somewhere under
<http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/HomePage>.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>
http://www.gnome.org/~mariano