Problems with bonobo activation server

Hello
My hard disk had some problems yesterday and everything just stop
working. After a reboot and about 10 fscks i managed to boot with no
problems again. Everything worked again except gnome-panel. After the
login is complete, nautilus is working, metacity is working too but
the panel displays the following error message:

There was a problem registering the panel with the bonobo-activation server.
The error code is: 1
The panel will now exit.

I've tried reinstalling libbonobo with no sucess. I've also tried with
a fresh new user(without any prefs) but the problem persists. Any hint
on how can i solve this?

thank you

--
Nuno Donato <nunodonato [at] gmail.com>

"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars
guides you too..."
Shrii Shrii Anandamurti