Moving startup programs to a specific workspace

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is anyway in gnome to script moving startup programs to a specific workspace after they've started.

Basically I start all the programs I regularly use, however I'd like to be able to automatically arrange them in the workspaces I prefer.

If there is no easy way of doing this I'd also appreciate any pointers to calls which handle this in the API so perhaps I can hack something together.

Thanks,

Tim