Re: GNOME 2.0 on Solaris - anyone worked on this environment?

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 10:03, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:03, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out how to get standard GNOME utilities to work
> > and code to build.
> >
> > What I am finding is this:
> >
> > $ pkg-config --cflags libgnomeui-2.0
> > sh: gnome-config: not found
> > Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > Package 'libxml-2.0', required by 'Bonobo Activation', not found
> >

> > However, when I checked with my sys admins, they have indicated they
> > installed what Sun provided for GNOME.
> >
> > It sounds to me as if _something_ is missing - anyone familar enough
> > with the sun setup to know what it might be?
>
> Maybe your admins (or SUN) did not provide the development packages. On
> linux there is generally a runtime package (e.g. libxml so that a
> libxml-using app can _run_) and a development package (e.g. libxml-devel
> so that you can build a libxml-using app from source) with headers, .pc
> files, etc.

Well, in my short experience i have found all the packages required to
work with gnome, in http://xmlsoft.org you can find the libxml source
code, of course you must have a c compiler and other utilities needed to
build a package from source code.

Hope this help
Best regards & sorry about my poor english

--
Jorge Mauricio Hernandez Torres <jmauricio unixmexico org>
PGP key 1024D/DDF2CC4C 2003-08-22