Re: GNOME 2.0 on Solaris - anyone worked on this environment?

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:03, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to get standard GNOME utilities to work
> and code to build.
>
> What I am finding is this:
>
> $ pkg-config --cflags libgnomeui-2.0
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
> Package 'libxml-2.0', required by 'Bonobo Activation', not found
>

> However, when I checked with my sys admins, they have indicated they
> installed what Sun provided for GNOME.
>
> It sounds to me as if _something_ is missing - anyone familar enough
> with the sun setup to know what it might be?

Maybe your admins (or SUN) did not provide the development packages. On
linux there is generally a runtime package (e.g. libxml so that a
libxml-using app can _run_) and a development package (e.g. libxml-devel
so that you can build a libxml-using app from source) with headers, .pc
files, etc.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net