Re: Metacity behavior when moving windows

 Malcolm Tredinnick wrote [on 26/11/03 10:04 +1100]:
> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 00:36, Leonardo Boiko wrote:
> >
> > I don't know about other countries, but in Brazil the most common
> > resolution is 800x600, followed by 640x480.  GNU systems are
> > attractive for giving value to these old PCs.  I understand the
> > reasons for keeping windows below the top border, but that makes the
> > WM unusable in our displays.  Most dialog boxes have the buttons in
> > the bottom, and they stay off-screen.  Since you can't move windows
> > up, you can't even see the buttons.
>
> As a workaround solution in the interim, you can temporarily move your
> panel to the side of the screen (just click on it and drag it to the
> side) when such a broken application is running. In this way, you can
> move the application vertically as much as you like.

Which version of Metacity are you talking about? I have Metacity 2.6.2,
and the above workaround does not work.

I kind of gave up on Metacity a few months ago, and now, whenever I use
GNOME Desktop, I use xfwm4 with it instead of Metacity.
(Normally I use Fluxbox)

Regards,
Santanu