Re: Printing Manager Interface

Bryan W Clark escribió:

Hi Paulo ~

Sorry about the wait for a reply.

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 06:58, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
wrote:
I'm using Gnome 2.4 and I'd like to know if there is any nice Gnome
interface to configure my printer, check printer status, etc. I have
Gentoo systems at home and RedHat at work and at work there is a
interface to printers called the printer manager and the link goes to
"tryprint.pl %F". What's this?

I'm not sure what the tryprint.pl is, perhaps a redhat specific
mechanism.  If your Gentoo system has the "cups" use flag then you'll
probably have the `gnome-cups-manager` installed.  This is the easiest
way I know to configure a printer.  Run this program from the command
line, you'll see a GUI tool which is fairly intuitive for adding a new
printer.

Recently i updated my system (Debian SID) to Gnome 2.4, I used printtool
with Gnome 2.2 to manage printers, but now i can´t manage my printers
with printtool, so i removed printtool and installed cups with the
gnome-cups-manager front-end, the problem is that i can´t print from
applications like acroread and ggv but i can from applications like
argouml or mozilla, I don´t know what happens, any suggestion?

Thanks.

As far as docs, I'm not sure.  Maybe someone else knows.

Good luck!
~ Bryan