Gnome colour depth problem

Hi,

I thought someone might be able to help me solve a
small Gnome problem.  I've just installed Solaris 9
and Gnome 2.0 on a Sun Ultra 2 with Creator graphics
card.  However, the Gnome windows (using the Crux
theme), icons, and background look very grainy, and I
think this is because they're being displayed in 8-bit
colour.  Netscape 7.0 and Eye of Gnome appear to be
working in 24-bit colour, though.  I'm guessing I need
to edit a configuration file somewhere?  Can anyone
suggest a solution to the problem?

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy