Re: Changing the window manager

Dixit petri.kanerva (2003-11-13 07:52):
> > Where is the dialog in GNOME 2 that would allow me to change the
> > window manager from Metacity to Sawfish?  I'm using Ximian GNOME
> > Desktop 2.0 on RedHat 8.0, and I've just installed Sawfish 2.0 with RPM
> > packages.  Thanks.
>
> >From terminal write
>
> killall metacity; sawfish &
>
> That should do the trick.

Thanks.  This does start sawfish, but when I close the terminal (by
clicking on the 'x' icon), sawfish crashes and there is no window
manager anymore (I can start metacity again from a new terminal).

That may be a problem with Sawfish, but I wonder if this very "manual"
technique has something to do with the crash.

So must I conclude that there is no dialog in GNOME 2.2 to change the
WM, like there was in GNOME 1.4?  Is there such a dialog in GNOME 2.4?

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip at sympatico dot ca>