Re: Gnome-session won't start.

I thought it was just me....

When I installed gnome-core in testing (Sarge), I had the problem you mentioned. I installed gnome-session and gnome-panel, and that worked. I installed other desktop software and applets and all appeared well. Later, I upgraded to unstable, and all went well. At that time, I added the "gnome" package.

I am using debian on a Pentium system.