Gnome-session won't start.

Hi everybody!

I tried to install GNOME 2.4.0 into a ~/garnome directory on my Red Hat
Linux 9.0 box using GARNOME 0.27.1. I configured my .xinitrc and
.xsession files exactly as the documentation specified. .xsession
doesn't seem to work at all, in that when I start gdm and log in, it
brings me straight into my old GNOME 2.2.0 desktop. .xinitrc does work,
and brings me as far as garnome-session, but something is going wrong
with gnome-session, because I get nothing but a blank screen beyond this
point. What else can I do about this?

Thanks,

Geoff