Fullscreen apps problem

I have a lot of problems with my window manager (metacity) when it comes to some fullscreen applications... For some reason, when an application attempts to go fullscreen, the window manager takes over and still put decorations on the window. The only way I can get it to true fullscreen is to have to go the extra step of using the feature of metacity that lets you maximize the window and remove the border (i.e. the keybinding for "fullscreen" mode)... Strangly enough this doesn't happen with all fullscreen apps, mplayer and frozen-bubble seem to know how to get around this but other fullscreen apps do not (such as mythtv).

Should I file a bug on this or is it already out there?