Re: gnome-terminal with default character coding
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Joachim Backes <backes rhrk uni-kl de>
- Cc: gabor <gabor z10n net>, GNOME <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnome-terminal with default character coding
- Date: Fri May 16 10:40:04 2003
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 06:56:18AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> sorry, but this does not help. In the started gnome-terminal,
> the char coding remains "current locale (ANSI_X3.4-1968)".
> A change is only possible by the "Terminal->Character Coding"
There's a caveat, you must run
"LANG=whatever gnome-terminal --disable-factory"
Without --disable-factory no new process is created.
] [Thread Prev