Locking down GNOME

I want to set up a few machines for internet browsing that run GNOME.  They will be kiosk-like machines that are always logged on with the same user account.  My question is, how can I restrict users from modifying the desktop?  I want them to only have certain applications available to them through the menu and I want a panel set up with certain applets.  I do not want them to be able to change anything, not moving or creating panels, deleting icons or applets, etc.  I am assuming that this will all have to be done by setting permissions correctly, but I just don’t know what files need to be restricted in order to produce this result.  Can anyone point me to where I can find this information, or anything else I might need to lock down.

Thanks for any help,

Matt