login no work

Hello all,
I have installed Linux-Mandrake 9.0 distribution. The
system has always worked fine. My son which is a boy
11 years old likes to familiarise himself with
configuration options. He can not login in gnome
desktop environment now, but login in KDE is OK.
The problem is when he get the login dialogue box,
fills the user and password word and then return. The
computer start the login process but before getting
the gnome-logo the system abort and return to the
login dialogue box.
The outer acounts  work fine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.