RE: NEWBIE: GNOME2: Icon, font, and horizontal line issues

Hmmm....the screenshots leaves me wondering about gnomes screenshot
capabilities :) .... answers two cases though:

http://www.nthroot.net/Screenshot.png

As you can see, shows the terminal missing text and text running on top of
each other.  Using gnome-terminal.

As for the lines (which I can't manage to catch a screenshot of though I
quiet visibly see them.  Also, not a monitor issue, I use this on a KVM
switch and lines doesn't appear on my win32 box), I have narrowed it down a
little:

1.  It is only visible on light backgrounds, intermixes with dark
backgrounds so invisible.
2.  It always seems to appear at the top and bottom of the *active* window.
Top line seems to always be the height of the dark top title bar.  Bottom
line appears to be a tad shorter.  Extends horizontally across the entire
screen and moves with the active window. (eg up, down, or constant if window
moved right/left).

Thanks,

-Peter