Re: gnome-terminal crashing because of fonts

I had this exact same problem over the weekend. Ran it under gdb, saw it
was crashing in some Xft font call, so I check to see which Xft it
linked against. Turns out it was linked to both Xft2 and Xft1.

Relinked vte and gnome-terminal by hand (since vte is where Xft1 was
getting pulled in from) but things still didn't work (different crasher
tho - it is now crashing in some vte set_pattern call iirc, where the
new_font->pattern is NULL or some such).

someone on #gnome mentioned that I should check what fonts fontconfig
had (forget the command) and it was empty.

this may help you track down the problem further. I was too lazy to go
and find fonts and install them. I'm perfectly happy with my gnome 1.4
term :-)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast