Re: man pages for gnome-*

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 08:16, Skip Morrow wrote:
> Where is all the documentation for the gnome-* applications?  Or is the
> output from gnome-appname --help really all there is?  I don't have man
> pages for all but a very few of my gnome apps.

Hi Skip,

last February, I put several (approx. 150) GNOME-related man pages
in the following CVS location:

/cvs/gnome/gnome-docu/gdp/contrib/manpages/

These man pages are published under the GFDL, so anyone can use the
material under the terms of the license. However, please note the
following:

- The man pages are written in SGML. We would like to provide them in
   XML, but have not yet had time to do so.

- The man pages have some Sun-specific information. We would like to
   make these man pages generic, but have not yet had time to do so.

The man pages are in five sub-directories -- sman1, sman3, sman4, sman5,
and sman6 -- representing different categories of man page.

Hope this helps :)
Breda.