Re: problem w Gnome panel and Starting prgms from menu

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 16:42, adam cotian wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have Gnome 2.0.6
>
> I accidentally deleted the Gnome panel on my Mandrake 9.0 (they said
> that Mandrake users are nost welcome here I ), would anyone know how to
> restore it. Since I could not access anything thru the GUI, I am
> assuming that I have to do it via terminal. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Also, I am having a hard time starting my OpenOffice1.1 from the menu.
> It has a link to soowriter, which starts up but does not complete the
> opening of the program. I opened my Konqueror file manager as a root
> user and found a file /usr/lib/openoffice/programs/soffice which when
> clicked used to open the Openoffice program but after a week or so this
> method does not work anymore.
>
> Help!
>

> Thanks
>
> adam

One way of quickly regenerating everything for your Gnome would be to
login as root, and then delete all the .gnome* directories from your
user account, logout of root, then login as yourself again - this would
completely regenerate all the Gnome2 stuff - directories, menu entries
and the likes. (Or you can just rename them and the same will happen -
that is, if you've stored data that you're needing to get back).

--
Mon Jun 23 20:10:00 EST 2003
 20:10:00 up 2 days,  5:20,  3 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.04

Your CHEEKS sit like twin NECTARINES above a MOUTH that knows no BOUNDS --