Re: man pages for gnome-*

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 08:16, Skip Morrow wrote:
> Where is all the documentation for the gnome-* applications?  Or is the
> output from gnome-appname --help really all there is?  I don't have man
> pages for all but a very few of my gnome apps.

Most end-user applications will have documentation available under their
"Help" menu. Manual pages are not really useful for something as complex
as a graphical application. It has been suggested in the past that
something like the gnome-desktop module could ship a standard manual
page "man gnome" to describe the standard --help options.

The other option is maybe to look at what Debian do. They have a hard
and fast rule that all packages must have manual pages for all binaries.
I have no idea if those manual pages turn out to be useful or not, since
I don't use Debian much.

Malcolm