Re: Enhanced Gnome tools

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 15:24, Paul Smith wrote:
> Hi all;

> In the Gnome 1.4 panel I used the "grouping" feature which put all my
> xterms in one button, which when clicked expanded to a window with all
> the xterm titles, fully listed.  I was hoping the next version would
> actually _add_ some features, such as sorting the contents of that
> window which would have made it much easier to use, but instead that
> feature was removed completely.  The new "grouping" command in Gnome 2's
> panel just tries to colocate the windows together in the window list;
> this doesn't help my problem which is real-estate based.

Grouping seems to do for me in GNOME2.3 what it did in 1.4; bunches of
windows get put into one button which makes a drop-down list.

Seriously, if you have a specific feature problem, put a bug report in
Bugzilla bout it.  Big messages with no real useful content, and
"threats" of dumping GNOME, don't do anything for anyone but waste time
and cause irritate.  ~,^

> Thanks!
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.