Re: Gnome 2 and E

Using Enlightenment 0.16.x with Gnome 2.x is _NOT_ supported, AFAIK,
since E doesn't and will not conform with standards defined by
FreeDesktop.org. I have no idea if this still applies with the status of
0.17.

If you grab the development version of E 0.16.6 it uses the freedesktop window hints. But since Gnome 2.2 doesn't do viewports you have to grab the CVS version of libwnck (which does). The guy who submitted the E patches also submitted the libwnck patches, if I remember correctly.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering